Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Well That's That Then!

South America 2006. Ten weeks.

Brazil
Argentina (three times)
Uruguay
Bolivia
Chile

Before we came away to South America I wasn't that fussed about coming here. I would have preferred to have gone back to Asia. Now I wouldn't change it for the world, and that's down to H who really wanted to come here. Once we got the residency visa and set a date to make the move it seemed like the perfect time to do it.

The trip has been fantastic, but very tiring. The longest we spent in any one place was eight days, but for the most part it was a few days here or there, with mammoth bus trips either side. It's been a completely different experience than Asia. For a start you have to learn the language to get by, and Bolivia was the hardest, and most exhausting place I have ever travelled around. And this continent is HUGE, and I probably underestimated it's size before I came away. There have been a lot of highs with very few lows and we have met some great people along the way. Special thanks go to the following for makig the trip so much fun along the way.....

Rob
Sylvia
Jay
Chloe
Zoe
Colm
Shane
Oisin
Connor
Frainc
Patricia
Inigo
Jimmy
Jess
Charlie
Erica
Lizzie

Mind you, we've met a few odd'uns, most notably "Wolf" or "Wolfie" who's heart was in San Remo even though he had never been there. He didn't look like a wolf, but we never got to know his real name.

We've seen some amazing things and experienced many cultures but I don't think I could answer the question "So what was the best bit?".

Actually, maybe I could.

Anything to do with football haha.

And seeing Carnaval in in Rio.

And seeing the IguaƧu waterfalls.

And going on a four day 4WD trip through south west Bolivia with five girls.

Oh, and bribing the Bolivian Police Force. Now that was fun!

2 Comments:

  • At 5/5/06 11:02 AM, Blogger Me said…

    I think we've enjoyed it almost as much as you have, Jonny.

    Going to keep up the blog in Australia?

     
  • At 7/5/06 11:36 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Thank again Mike, and I am glad my blog has been of as much interest to you, as yours has to me. I'm just sorry I copied your layout.

    As for Oz, oh yes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home