Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Kidmania

I live in Manly.

Nicole Kidman got married in Manly this evening. It's Australia's "Wedding of the Year" apparently.

I can see the venue from my flat.

The closest I have ever been a to a celebrity wedding in the past was when
Derek Jameson got married in Arundel Cathedral, but he isn't really a celebrity and I wasn't in Arundel at the time.

There's been helicopters outside and everything.


I had thought about going up there and taking some snaps for this blog but opted for a sunset surf instead. It was one of my best yet.

4 Comments:

  • At 25/6/06 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So where is the surf susnet then?

     
  • At 26/6/06 6:04 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Who said that?

    I meant I was in the surf, surfing at sunset, which was rather nice.

     
  • At 26/6/06 10:20 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    So Derek Jameson's wedding was the closest you have come to a celebrity wedding, even though you were nowhere near it?

    Are you not used to seeing helicopters in Sydney?

     
  • At 27/6/06 5:34 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Haha. I was about 8 miles away from Derek's wedding. Nicole's was at the end of the beach and up a hill.

    As for the helicopters, well I've seen a few over the ocean, presumably looking for sharks. But on Sunday there were five, all flying over the venue. You could tell something was going down in the hood. It was quite exciting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home