Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Barra da Lagoa

Bloody hell, I hope you lot are grateful of the lengths I am going to to keep this blog updated. This machine is the worst yet and guy running this place tried to put admin rights on the machine so you can´t back up your own photos without paying (but you may be glad to know I have beaten his system).

So what have we been up to since we have been here? Well we have been loving the beach life that this place has to offer. We have spent most of our time on the local beach in Barra da Lagoa. I have been surfing three times and have well and truely got the bug. Mind you I did get up early this morning to go for surf and I got battered. The waves were just too big for me. We have also been into Florianópolis to have a look round and buy our bus tickets to Uruguay - we leave for Punta del Este tomorrow. It´s another big bus journey (7 hours to Porto Alegre in Brazil where we change to get the bus into Uruguay which will take another 9 hours). And today we went to a lookout point that overlooks the island before going to Centro da Lagoa to do some shopping which sits in the centre of the island, next to Lagoa da Conceiçao. This was followed by an afternoon on a different beach, Praia Mole. Now when I say shopping I mean H shops and I just follow her around getting hot. Mind you the great thing about shopping for girls stuff in Brazil is that you are surrounded by lots of beautiful Brazilian shop assistants. Winner!

Anyway, it´s about time I stopped writing and just posted some pictures. But before I go I thought I´d update you on the cockroach situation. The kill ratio is as follows;

Jonny = 5
H = 2 (Mind you these two were spectacular. I went to bed before H last night, and when she eventually turned in I was awoken by very loud "Oh My God!" followed be her trying to smash one with a trainer at the end of the bed. She missed. It went under the bed. She threw the other trainer at it, it ran out and she smashed it. I then fell back into bed - what a way to wake up. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. She then looked under the bed to see if there were any more. There was another. She screamed. It ran at her. She smashed it. It was then a nervous time as we looked around the pousada, looking for any more).

Oh yeah, one more thing. H is currently leading the Unofficial Shithead Championship of the World by 23 games to 12.

And it's over 30 degrees everyday.















Barra da Lagoa beach. This is where we have been spending most of our time.

You can see Barra da Lagoa just to the left of centre.

The view over Centro da Lagoa with Lagoa da Conceiçao to the left.

With me to the right.....

3 Comments:

  • At 20/3/06 1:14 PM, Blogger Andy said…

    Really glad you keep reminding us how hot it is there. Mind you I was able to wear a T-shirt outside yesterday and feel fairly warm (when the breeze died down). Today it's freezing again...

    Shithead is still the game of choice then...have you not come across 'asshole' yet?

     
  • At 21/3/06 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its really hot here too, great isn´t it!?

     
  • At 22/3/06 1:54 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Yep, it´s the game of choice so far, and H is whooping my arse at it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home