Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

How To Get An ASBO

Considering the World Cup is on at the moment, and a few English football fans have already done themselves and their sovereign rings proud, I found it rather apt that I got sent this interesting email yesterday from Chavscum:

"Hi,

I’m writing to you about the picture you uploaded to chavscum.co.uk, which can be found at the URL;

Parkdean Chav

My partner and myself are currently writing a humorous book called ‘How to get an ASBO’ to be published by Virgin Books in October 2006. We have selected this photo that you uploaded to our server to be included in this book. The identity of the subject(s) will be concealed if you agree to let us use this image.

However, just to make things legally binding, we have to ask you to read the following statements and if you agree to all of them, to reply to this email with the words ‘I AGREE’;

1). That you are the person who uploaded the image that can be found at
Parkdean Chav
2). That you are the legal copyright holder of this image.
3). That you agree to let the owners of chavscum.co.uk publish this image in the forthcoming book ‘How to get an ASBO’ by Virgin Books on the condition that the identity of the subject(s) are concealed.

Many thanks,
- Chavscum"


Should I agree? I think I probably should as I have never been in a book before. I've been on Match of the Day before (in the crowd, not on the pitch.....obviously!), but never in a book.

Andy - don't think you have escaped lightly either as I got another email requesting yours get published as well;

Toothless Chav

Can I get your permission? Haha, of course I can.

5 Comments:

  • At 13/6/06 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have to, that is hilarious. Been really enjoying reading the blog, keeps me amused at work.
    Went to see Shelley and her babes the other day, both really well.

    Lots of love to H and keep up the writing, especially the pics

     
  • At 13/6/06 7:53 PM, Blogger Andy said…

    Oh my God!

    Of course you have my permission Jonny, my Mum will be so proud. Her one and only son being featured in a book.

     
  • At 13/6/06 9:21 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Thanks for commenting Sophie, and nice to know you are still keeping up to date with the blog. Is Helen?

    Andy - excellent. I would have said yes even if you had said no though. Naturally. So all being well, and assuming we don't end up on the cutting room floor (I expect they sent that email to everyone who sent in a picture), we'll be on a bookshelf near you in October. I may have to get a copy sent over if either of us appear in it.

     
  • At 14/6/06 12:15 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Brilliant. I wonder if there'll be any photos of real chavs in the book, or they'll just be of people pretending to be chavs like you two? Would that ruin the integrity of the book?

     
  • At 14/6/06 1:08 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Given the content of the site I expect they will all be original Elizabeth Dukers and Dukesses.

    However I am having trouble sending the confirmation email back to them. It keeps failing. I'll keep trying.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home