Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bad Americana

I haven't really posted anything about my job on this blog so thought I'd do so now. I've been working for a Marketing company here in Sydney since last August. During that time I've had two jobs. The first was probably the worst job I have ever had. I hated it. I was working in an IT department and I wasn't very happy at all, so much so that I decided to quit in January. HR said that the business didn't want to lose me and found me a role in Operations. This is probably the best job I've ever had. I work with some brilliant people, on a great account and actually really enjoy being at work. Unlike the dark IT days, Sunday nights are now ok! My current contract is ending though in August and I've just had two departments wanting to sign me up. I've yet to sign my new deal, but it should be working on the same account, in the same seat, with the same great people, but with just a slight shift in focus on what I currently do - I'm hoping to get the best of both worlds so we'll see how the next six months go.

Last week we had our Half Year Party, to celebrate, erm, half a year of hard work. It was a fancy dress affair, with the theme being 'Bad Americana'. I went as a cowboy. I was loosely based on this character but most people think I was more like these guys!

I usually post pictures of my mates out of work, so here's a few of my mates from work. I didn't let the side down by taking 179 pictures of the party!



































































































































































































































































3 Comments:

  • At 13/7/07 11:22 AM, Blogger RJL said…

    Looking all macho there Jonny in that last photo....keeping it real.

     
  • At 16/7/07 10:29 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    How is it that you always seem to get jobs that have six-monthly fancy dress parties? Don't tell me that it was another free bar too? Or some British rugby players turned up?

     
  • At 17/7/07 10:37 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Yep, it was another free bar, and I went to the pub last Friday and the company stuck a couple of hundred bucks behind the bar then as well (although it was my bosses leaving drinks).

    Fancy dress parties do seem to be all the rage over here though.

    There were no British rugby players this time though. Or an Australian ones for that matter either.

    There was a comedian though but everyone was well on their way when he took to the stage, so he had a battle on his hands, not that he would've cared too much. Rumours are that he got paid $600 (about 240 quid) for 20 minutes work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home