Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Friday, February 10, 2006

Leaving Lloyds TSB

I have been working in the Marketing department at Lloyds TSB for nearly 5 years and today was my last day. I turned up with the customary hangover from my Leaving party last night and spent the day clearing my desk, and erm, well clearing my desk. When you tell people you are going to leave work everyone always says that you are really lucky and that they wished they could do the same. But the reality for me was a bit different. I have had 5 really good years at LTSB and have worked with some really top people, and it is sad saying goodbye to such a great bunch. I've been part of the furniture for ages so I have seen lots of change and today it was my turn to hand in my security pass. Like any place you go it's always the people that make the place, and the people I worked with definitely made it a good place to work (and I am not just saying that because you will all be looking at this blog).

It was a bit odd actually as I found myself not really wanting to leave my desk and say the goodbyes when it was time to do so today. It has made the whole thing a lot more real for me. For a while H and I were hiding behind the security of Christmas and New Year ("we'll deal with it all after then") and actually being at work. And now that's gone it feels pretty weird. But I have no doubt at all that what we are doing is the right thing, so that makes it easier.

Anyway, I should really go to the pub to top myself up from last night, so all there is to say is a BIG Thank You to everyone I have worked with at LTSB and Clarity Blue. You know who you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home