Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Friday, June 16, 2006

Ecuador 3 Costa Rica 0

I can't really say that I watched this game although it was on the TV in front of me. I spent the entire game chatting to Mikey Roberts on Messenger, which was quality as we haven't caught up in ages (except via blog comments). From what I did see Ecuador looked pretty good and could prove tricky opposition if we have to play them in the next round.

I am planning on staying up all night so I can watch Sweden play Paraguay after the England game.

The England game is being shown on ITV in England so the coverage will be just as poor as it is here. If I am lucky we will go to the stadium just as the players come out of the tunnel. No crowd atmosphere. No England player interviews. Nothing. Just a crappy stadium guide! Luckily the BBC website is coming up trumps again. I like to read through the live build-up updates as it helps me get an idea of the atmosphere even though I'm 12k miles away. You often find some real gems, like this one. Thanks Tony, from Milton Keynes.


0922 BST: Tony from Milton Keynes on the Five Live phone-in wonders what all the fuss about Rooney is. He said: "I got my foot caught in a lawnmower and broke three metatarsals. I was running up and down ladders three weeks later. He should just get on with it."

I can only assume the lawnmower was turned off at the time.

1 Comments:

  • At 16/6/06 4:28 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Sorry about that. I think we missed a good game doing all that chatting. Should've saved it for the first 80 minutes of the England game.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home