Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Book Thirty Six

Well it looks like the blogging phenomenon has finally died on it's arse, for most of us anyway (the guys at CUAS still do a great job!). I guess with Facebook having taken over the world, it's no great surprise, although I'm losing interest in that as well. Maybe I'll have more time in the winter. As you can imagine, summer in Sydney is a very busy time. That didn't stop me last year, but I've had to re-prioritise a few things this time around. So, apologies if you are missing the updates. They will be back. One day!

In the meantime, the reading continues. I recently finished Book Thirty Six. It's not as good as Book Twenty Six, but it was a hard act to follow. Given how much I enjoyed 'The Kite Runner' I was intrigued to see how Hosseini would back it up. I didn't find this story as engaging, it took a long time to really settle into it, and just as I was really begining to enjoy it, it finished.

4 Comments:

  • At 6/2/08 12:20 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    Haha great review, reminds me of some of your others. Books should grab you straight away in my opinion. Otherwise there's no chance I'd ever finish it.

    And yes, the blogging seems to have gone down the list of priorities gradually, and it seems harder and harder to make the time for it. But I have uploaded some pics from H & Mike's visit at Christmas so I'll be posting that soon, hopefully!

    And another yes, facebook is definitely getting a bit boring. I wonder what will be next?

     
  • At 7/2/08 8:16 AM, Blogger swisslet said…

    Well, I know I've said this before, but I really enjoy reading these reviews, so hopefully you'll keep popping them up from time to time.

    As for blogging, I'm afraid I'm still hooked 4 years in, although I've never been arsed with Facebook and have never so much as got myself registered....

    ST

     
  • At 12/2/08 9:31 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    I hope you find the time Andy, as they'd be great to see.

    Thanks for continuing to check on the blog ST! It's much appreciated. And your attitude to Facebook is commendable. I applaud you.

    I will try and post something other than a book review soon. Book Thirty Seven is on it's way though.

     
  • At 15/2/08 10:04 AM, Blogger LB said…

    ah. ambassador, you are spoling us.

    ahem.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home