Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Spain 1 France 3

I had set my alarm for 6am so I could get up and watch the second half.

I woke up at 7.30am.

I forced myself out of bed to see if there were any penalties on the TV, but instead I was treated to some Chinese news.

I went back to bed.

So Spain have underachieved once again. I really thought they would do better in this tournament as they looked lethal in the Group stage and France looked kack.

4 Comments:

  • At 28/6/06 3:55 AM, Blogger Me said…

    As it happened, all of a sudden France look more than impressive. Scary.

     
  • At 28/6/06 10:21 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    Yes, they looked very good, especially to keep Alonso and Fabregas reasonably quiet in the second half.

    Always peaks and troughs in a tournament, they keep saying (McClaren was saying it just this-morning). Well England probably haven't peaked ince 1990 so surely this Saturday? It must be long overdue...

     
  • At 28/6/06 11:19 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Yeah, I'm looking forward to England peaking for the next three games.

    What's all this about McClaren wanting El Tel and Shearer on his staff? That would be an interesting combination.

     
  • At 28/6/06 2:19 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Yeah, if El Tel's in charge, we might start to play well again. He's the only manager who ever got us playing consistently well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home