Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Monday, February 26, 2007

The Speedboat

14th January 2007

Now I've driven a few go-karts in my time, including a very fast and (most probably) highly illegal one in Thailand and one on ice in Bristol, but never a speedboat. I was given this opportunity by Chris and Martin, who invited H and I up to the Hawkesbury with Anna and Claire, for a day out on their 32 foot timeshare speedboat.

No matter how much fun I have had in the past on a go-kart, I can safely say that driving a speedboat at 45mph is so much better. I think H would agree! We hooned around the same places we went on the houseboat, as well as Palm Beach, the home of Home & Away.

What a brilliant day out it was. Great weather, great company and a great way to check out our new waterproof camera.


Check out the other videos here (I sound posh, but I'm not!), here and here.

I have never been a big fan of boating but this was so much fun. Quite why anyone would want to go sailing when you can drop a couple of engines over the back is beyond me.































































































































































































































































































































































































4 Comments:

  • At 27/2/07 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awesome piccies Jonny Mikes ma

     
  • At 27/2/07 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I concur! Good work. I bet you got through a couple of gigs though!

     
  • At 28/2/07 8:24 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Thanks very much!

    I got a free Gig memory card with the camera so I used up some of that. There's a few different movie settings on the new camera and my experience with YouTube is that low quality movies look no different from high quality movies. Which is nice!

     
  • At 14/3/07 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mate , i have saved some of those shots for background. your quite the David Bayley. Damo x x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home