Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Friday, August 24, 2007

Jervis Bay

Last weekend I decided to take H away for a break. It was the first time we've had a weekend alone together since landing here last year, and it was time to get away from the temptations of Sydney. So, I booked an overnight stay in a cottage, in Jervis Bay, which is 3 hours south of Sydney. The place we stayed at was called Hyams Beach and it has the whitest sand in the world, according to Norris McWhirter and his chums.

Now, those of you out there who know me, know that I take a lot of pictures when I go out and about. But on this occasion I didn't take one! Why? Because both H and I forgot our cameras. How ridiculous is that? Anyway, we did, which was a shame, but looking on the bright side, it wasn't a bad thing. It meant that I got to enjoy the location much more than usual and didn't spend half my time retaking shots and deleting old ones.


Saying that though, I would've course loved to have shared with you pictures of the pod of 20 or so dolphins that swam no more than 30 feet or so from us, as we walked along the whitest sand in the world (and we were the only two people on the beach!). I would’ve also liked to have shared with you pictures of the wild kangaroos we saw in the Booderee National Park, as well as the kookaburras and magnificent rainbow lorikeets. And I'm sure you would've liked to see pictures of the most enormous sea eagles I have ever seen (ok, I think they were the first sea eagles I have ever seen but I am sure they were big enough to pick up humans), They were just ridiculous. I reckon they had a wingspan of well over 6 feet.

Unfortunately you will just have to make do with these pictures I lifted from Google. I wanted to add a bit of colour to the post!








































































On a personal note it was a cracking weekend and really good to get away from Sydney, even though I absolutely love Sydney. H and I haven't spent much time together recently so it was the perfect opportunity to do so.

5 Comments:

  • At 24/8/07 11:41 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    You forgot your camera?

    How on Earth do YOU forget your camera?

    Do you really expect us to believe a word of your description without photographic evidence?

    20 dolphins? Yeah sure.

    Pah.

     
  • At 27/8/07 1:59 PM, Blogger alibloke said…

    Dolphins!? Thats nothing! Yesterday in Stokes Croft, I saw a couple of pidgeons fighting over the contents of a Slix wrapper.....

     
  • At 29/8/07 12:03 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    I know, it's hard to believe it, but it's true. There were loads of dolphins, lots of other cool stuff and yes, I did forget my camera.

    Shocking!

    Slix....Bloody hell they do a good chicken burger. MAybe I should send home some Oporto's sauce for you to add to it?

     
  • At 3/9/07 10:32 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    uh?

     
  • At 4/9/07 10:50 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Quality chilli sauce.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home