Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Book Thirty Seven

So this is a very, very dark version of Book Twenty Nine. It's another one that made me feel sick a couple of times, and I was very conscious of the title, the cover and the content as I read it on the ferry too and from work!

It was a spontaneous purchase a few weeks ago. It's a catching title afterall and it stood out one evening when I was on a book-buying mission after work. I remembered reading a review of it in the local free MX newspaper one night and it sounded rather interesting.

It's also the first book I've read that is written by an Australian. I'm a fan of Australian movies and now I'm a fan of Australian writing. It's a bit of a sweeping generalisation I know, but I've got off to a good start with this one, even if it is rather disturbing. But then so was Wolf Creek, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home