Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Monday, June 19, 2006

France 1 South Korea 1 (and Ashes Tickets)

I decided to miss this game as it was far more important that I got up for 9am so I could sit at the laptop and try and buy some Ashes tickets as Cricket Australia were releasing another 14k today for the Sydney test to the general public, including outlets in England.

I managed to get up in time and log on but of course the website was jammed, and that was fifteen minutes before the release. After a few refreshes I entered the site. The thing is, you are only given 11 minutes or so before are thrown out again, to make way for someone else. My session threw me out a few seconds before 9am. After two or three minutes of constantly refreshing I suddenly found myself back in the site. I knew I had to be quick.....

To start with I tried for Day 2. It said there were tickets. I said I wanted 4. It told me there weren't any available. The site said there were more expensive seats available. I said I wanted 4. It told me there weren't any available.

I went for Day 1. It said there were tickets. I said I wanted 4. It told me there weren't any available. There weren't any more expensive seats available as well.

I went for Day 3. It said there were tickets. I said I wanted 4. It told me there weren't any available. You can see a pattern here. It wasn't looking good.

Anyway, I went for Day 4 and SUCCESS. I managed to get 4 tickets. Result. Ok, the test could already be over by then, or we may only see an hours play as the final wickets fall, but it's a risk worth taking. After all, if the test goes down to the wire it could be one of the most exciting sessions. And even if the series has already been decided it should be a nice way to spend a Friday, drinking beer in the sun.

Mikey - bring your hat! The seats are North facing.

6 Comments:

  • At 19/6/06 10:44 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    Congratulations. Who are the four tickets for then? Should I be telling Chewy to get on the website and keep his fingers crossed for more?!

    You missed another cracking game I'm afraid. The French looked good for the first time since Euro 2000, and completely dominated, but in that French cocky kind of way (and without actually creating any more chances). Chewy and I must have woken the neighbour's kids up when Sung managed to toe-end the ball over Gallas' head, and in apparent slow motion watch it drop just inside the post. Our cheers very soon turned into laughter, as it really was completely against the run of play, and there's nothing funnier than watching the French throw a game away by being too...well, French.

     
  • At 19/6/06 12:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Have to agree with that....

    Although, watching Gallas throwing his toys out the pram and booting the ball into row Z was priceless!

    Zut alore!

     
  • At 19/6/06 3:45 PM, Blogger Andy said…

    Yes that definitely added to the comedy. He was probably pissed off with himself that he just watched it roll in, and didn't even try and throw himself at it on the line, a la John Terry.

     
  • At 20/6/06 1:18 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    You can tell Chewie that one of the tickets is for him, and as he is a mate he can have it for the face value cost :-)

    And I think the MCG tickets go on sale to the public on Wednesday so he should be able to get some online.

     
  • At 20/6/06 1:19 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    And I didn't get a ticket for Stan or Steve.....

     
  • At 22/6/06 6:23 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Good work - thanks for sorting that out. That's brilliant news. How much do I owe you?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home