Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Sydney FC

I have just bought my first ever season-ticket. Apart from the odd time when I used to borrow one from H's step-dad or brother, the closest I have come to having one before was when I looked after Andy's Bristol City ticket when he went travelling for three months. I saw them go on their longest ever undefeated run, which was nice.

From August I will be watching Sydney FC, the home of Dwight Yorke, and, erm, Terry Butcher!

There aren't many teams in the A-League over here so I only get to see 10 league games, plus all the Cup matches (at an extra cost!) but for $153 it could be a bargain. That's about £6 a game. And I can drink beer whilst watching the games as well.

2 Comments:

  • At 17/6/06 4:56 PM, Blogger Andy said…

    Nice. Cracking choices for photo's by the way.

    Is Terry Butcher really still playing? He's in a Carlsberg advert over here at the moment, with the Robsons, the Charltons, Beardsley, Waddle, Pearce and Shilton..."Probably the best pub team in the World", and yet he's still playing for Sydney?!

     
  • At 18/6/06 1:34 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    No. He is the new manager.

    When I was last over here Ian Rush played for Sydney, and that was only 6 years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if he played at least once!

    Glad you liked the photos. The one of DY is quality.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home