Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Germany 3 Ecuador 0

Ecuador were rubbish.

Surely England will be going all out for a victory later so as to avoid playing Germany in the last 16.

I missed the first fifteen minutes as I was caught out by the change in kick-off time. I thought it was a 1am kick-off here, not midnight.

The SBS host, Andrew Orsatti, just said that "it's amazing Ecuador had 57% possession. It was 100% useless possession". Absolutely.

I have managed to avoid knowing the final score of the dead rubber between Costa Rica and Poland and now have to decide whether to watch it now, or get a couple of hours kip before the England game. I knew it was 1-1 appraoching half-time with five yellow cards, so I may just assume my postion in "World Cup Corner".

2 Comments:

  • At 20/6/06 5:57 PM, Blogger Andy said…

    Apparently Ecuador had rested five key players, including their best centre-half, and their best midfielder.

    By the way, it was 3-0

     
  • At 21/6/06 3:33 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Thanks Andy, I'll change it now.

    And I clearly wasn't paying attention when the commentator said that in this part of the world, although I suspect he never knew those players were missing anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home