Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Friday, June 02, 2006

World Record

So there I was, sat on my balcony on Wednesday (31st), whilst waiting for the IKEA delivery and making quite slow inroads into my third book when I noticed, across the road, a huge number of people going into the surf. I thought it was a corporate surf lesson or something, especially as they all stayed together (and Manly beach is pretty big) and they were being filmed. I turned the pages whilst listening to the whooping and hollering, occasionally looking up. At one point I saw all of them catch the same wave. That was pretty cool I thought. The news that evening told me that it was a world record for the largest number of people to surf on the same wave. Apparently it has still got to be verified by the new Norris McWhirter. Either way, I have never seen a world record, let alone a world record attempt. And all from the comfort of my own balcony. I just wish I hadn't come in from that very spot a couple of hours earlier, or else I too could have been a record breaker!

4 Comments:

  • At 2/6/06 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    taylor hicks sucks

     
  • At 2/6/06 6:34 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    And you are?

     
  • At 3/6/06 1:49 AM, Blogger Me said…

    That was quite a random comment, wasn't it? I quite liked Taylor Hicks myself. Reminded me of Father Ted with Tourettes.

     
  • At 5/6/06 1:58 PM, Blogger Andy said…

    Who on Earth is Taylor Hicks?

    Hang on...google says it's the American pop-idol winner for 2006.

    Anonymous? Explain your randomness...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home