Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Book Six

I finished Book Six earlier on this week, and it only took me a week to read it.




















That's a whopping 235 pages in 7 days. What's going on?

Actually, I have read this book before, but considering I have just re-read it I am still going to include it on my list. I have allowed myself to do this. H recently read it as well, and Mike picked it up whilst he was here and read it in a matter of minutes. Both of them really enjoyed it.

It's a cracking read and hopefully lots of rah-rah toffs around the world would have picked it up on their trust-fund travels and read it and realised just how bloody annoying they really are. That also includes those who aren't travelling right now but who live in Clifton (in Brissol for those of you that don't know) and who have big hair, wear beads around their neck, wear thier collars up around their necks and think they own the bloody place.

Anyway, the funniest thing happened recently. I was going through the motions in an interview (actually I was getting grilled) but then they came up with this question;

"So what are you interests outside of work?"

Well, you know what's coming don't you. I only went and said "Reading" didn't I! I nearly laughed out aloud. Ok, I said it amongst other (more important) things like surfing but the thing is, I didn't really need to think about saying it. It just came out. Bloody hell, this is life-changing.

And I got the job!

I was also in a bookshop buying Book Seven when I got the call to say I got the job.

3 Comments:

  • At 20/8/06 10:21 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Book Six is a good'un. And Book Seven is excellent as well. Details to follow shortly.

    Tripper!

     
  • At 20/8/06 11:45 PM, Blogger Andy said…

    What a turnaround - suddenly one of your interests is reading! You might have to update your blog profile (Favourite books: One's I don't have to read).

    To be honest though, I'm not sure that a re-read should qualify as being on your list, even if you have "allowed yourself to do this".

     
  • At 21/8/06 6:54 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Thanks Andy - but I think it should be allowed because I read the book from start to finish. I can always pretend that I haven't read it before.

    I may leave the profile as it is though, just for old times sake. Or maybe I will update it at the end of the year and pick my favourite from those I have read this year.

    I am loving Book Seven by the way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home