Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Collaroy

On Saturday H and I were invited to a BBQ with some friends (who we hadn't actually met yet), in Collaroy, which is four beaches north from Manly. Martin and Sarah had applied for their visas at the same time as H and I, and I had become mates with Sarah on the British Expats website. So after more than two years of chatting in cyber-geek world, the time had come to finally meet.

The morning had got off to a bit of a shocker for me and H. I'd woken up feeling particularly bad after another big Friday night out and decided to go into the ocean to try and sort myself out. The weather had come good again and it was another beautiful day. The thing is, as soon as I went down to the garage to get my surfboard I noticed that something wasn't quite right. A couple of the boxes we had shipped over (and which still held photos, cds and records) had fallen over and there seemed to be a lot of debris on the floor. Closer inspection revealed why. There was a two inch water line on the walls of the garage, and on everything that had been on the floor. It was pretty obvious that our garage had been flooded during last weekends storm. It tooks us a while clearing out the damaged boxes, but luckily there doesn't seem to have been too much damage. It was just a lot of effort with a stinking hangover. Anyway, by the time we had finished I didn't have time to get in the water!

Martin picked us up in the early afternoon and drove us the short dive north. Collaroy is another beautiful beach in this part of the world.





























The beers and the BBQ in the afternoon sun went down a treat. Once again, I was a bit crap at remembering to take pictures of people, although I did get this one of H with Martin and Sarah's baby, Lilly, who is four months old.















After a bad start to the day, it all turned out good in the end. It was great getting to know more people in the Northern Beaches and finally being able to put a face to the names.

5 Comments:

  • At 17/9/06 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How can a child that age hold a beer already? it's been taught well, (that or its camera trickery :))
    I agree, H step step away from the child....

     
  • At 18/9/06 9:49 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Yeah, it does look like the baby is grabbing the beer. She's at that age!

    I thought that any comments made about this post would have something to do with the baby.

    Hope all is well at Uni Em.....

     
  • At 18/9/06 11:21 PM, Blogger Andy said…

    Ahhh. Did holding a little baby make you broody again, Jonny? ;)

     
  • At 19/9/06 10:58 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Yes!

     
  • At 26/9/06 12:11 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Sweet. Very sweet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home