Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sunday Bloody Sunday

I love weekends in Sydney. Even though I am not working at the moment and am used to hanging around Manly all week, there is something special about the weekends. There is a real buzz around Manly.

Having said that, H and I went into town on Sunday afternoon after our second volleyball lesson (where we learn't the overarm serve and "spike").

We met Will at Darling Harbour, drank some beer, ate some food and enjoyed the weather which was an absolute beauty.

H.














Beer.














Timmy.














After a few beers we took a stroll through the Royal Botanical Gardens, which was nice!














There are lots of fruit-bats in the Gardens. They are huge.














And there are birds that look a bit like albino parrots.














There are also birds that don't really look like birds.














It is also a good spot to watch the sunset.














We went to The Opera Bar afterwards for another beer.














What a great way to spend a Sunday.

So here I am now in my last week of freedom before I start work again. I am trying to get into the habit of getting up nice and early and going for a dawn surf as I want to do that before I go to work. I have managed to do that both times I have tried this week. It's a bit of a shock to the system but one hell of a way to wake up. At the moment the sun rises just before 6.30am and when I start work I'll have to leave the house at 7.15am so it won't give me much time in the water. It'll be better as we go into summer but that would mean getting up earlier and earlier.

My intentions are good but we'll see if I stick at it.

6 Comments:

  • At 22/8/06 12:56 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    You really are a nutter. I can't see you sticking with it when the shock of a working week hits you, but good luck!

    Not a bad Sunday I suppose. I have to confess that it beats mine. Narrowly. Actually watching the cricket controversy unfold was quite good fun...

     
  • At 22/8/06 1:17 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    I saw that on the news. It looked a bit of a wierd one.

    I suppose you had two Premiership games on Sky as well which is always a good thing on a Sunday.

    I'm gonna give it ago with the dawn surfing. The thing is I got my second ding today and not from another surfbaord either. This time it was from my head. After a pretty nasty wipeout where I went over the board and hit my head on the ocean floor (at about 7am), I raced to the surface only to smash into the board with my head. I now have a bump on my head and another slight dent in the board - which I am hoping to fix tonight. If it needs to be done properly then I'll have to hand the board in to get fixed which will take a week so it could be out of action for a bit. I suppose I could always go body-boarding before work if that's the case.

     
  • At 22/8/06 9:47 AM, Blogger RJL said…

    You got yourself some new shades then Jonny? Looking good!

     
  • At 22/8/06 10:05 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Thanks Rich, my other ones were in "the bag" in Bolivia.

    These ones are polarized, don't you know!

     
  • At 23/8/06 7:16 AM, Blogger RJL said…

    Mine are polarized as well...makes somethings look pretty strange doesn't it? For some reason drain covers always look funny through mine??

    Don't listen to Simpson either...just cause he's never seen the world before the afternoon doesn't mean you don't need to either :-)

     
  • At 23/8/06 10:22 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Yeah, polarized sunnies do make a few things look a bit strange. It's a bit wierd looking through tinted glass or at an IPOD screen.

    And I will keep at it Rich, although I had a slight set-back this morning when I slept through my alarm.

    As for the haircut Damo, I suppose I should get it cut. It's been 6 1/2 months since I last had it cut but I keep on putting it off. And the way it is going I am gonna have to go to one of those proper hairdressers to get it sorted. Apparently you get a complimentary hand and head massage as well. But I'll leave it for another month or so.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home