Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Book Nineteen




















Forget John Grisham, as far as Thriller’s go, this is where it’s at!

Having read three of Grisham’s books (here, here and here) so far in this journey of mine, it was time for a change. I’d never heard of Coben before, but Martin had recommended him to me so I thought I’d give it a go.

The book gets off to a cracking start (read the first 8 pages the next time you pass by a bookstore) and I was instantly hooked. Thankfully Coben keeps the pace up throughout the book, building to a multi-plot twisting grand finale.

Brilliant!

It was also the first book I've read since being here where I really cared about what was happening to the main character. Myabe that's a bit stupid, but with chapter-ending cliffhangers like this, you may understand why;


'Hey.' It was a man whispering. 'Guess what I'm doing to your wife right now?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home