Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Book Twenty Three

One of my mates at work recommended this one to me so I thought I'd give it a go. It also interested me because I have a couple of things in common with it.

It's an interesting story but I thought it was an average read. After 300 pages or so of prison life there was only so much of the story I could take. And when it ended I really wanted to know what the guy was up to now – especially as he was released in 2000, the book was first published in 2003 and reprinted this year. Unfortunately you don't find out. It was a bit like reading Tony Adams’ autobiography – I got drunk and did this, I got drunk and did that, I got drunk whilst playing football.....blah, blah, blah, except with cocaine.




2 Comments:

  • At 14/4/07 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the way you're still counting the number of books you've read! Good work. No mention of page per day ratio on here though - I presume that means you're slowing down a bit?

     
  • At 15/4/07 9:53 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Thanks mate. I don't think I'll stop the counting and it makes quite a nice little feature on this blog.

    As for slowing down, well I think the page per ratio really goes up when I read a book that I really get into and don't want to put down.

    Or maybe I am reading just as fast and it's more to do with different word per page ratios?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home