Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Another Nice Storm

It's been humid here for a few weeks now so, not surprisingly, we've had some quality storms. We had another nice one last week (20th).

I tried taking some pictures but it's not easy. I tried resting the camera on the balcony with a 15 second exposure time. I tried my best not to move the camera, which was particularly hard when I saw some huge lightning. And I tried taking photos with different ISO settings. I also tried taking pictures of trailing car lights.

Anyway, this is what I came away with. It was a big hit and (mostly) miss but I'm quite pleased with the results.







































4 Comments:

  • At 29/3/07 11:25 AM, Blogger MIKE AND LYN said…

    wicked photos,the top one looked especially close,was it?

     
  • At 30/3/07 10:45 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    No, it was to the right of the headland, over the ocean, but I had the camera on a very high ISO setting so the lightning made the image seem a lot brighter than it was.

     
  • At 31/3/07 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good work. How many hundreds of photos did you take to get them?

    It was all worth it mate, the second shot is an absolute beauty

     
  • At 1/4/07 12:54 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Yeah, I took a few, all with a 15 second exposure time.

    More often than not lightning would strike just as soon as the 15 secinds had ended! But it was worth doing, especially for that second shot.

    I knew it could be a beauty when that lightning bolt flew across the sky. I just had to keep the camera really steady for the last few seconds of the shot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home