Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Night It Rained Lightning Bolts

One of the great things about living here is the storms we get. Ok, they cause a lot of damage for a lot of people (our garage has been flooded twice) but they are spectacular. I've seen more storms in the last 10 months than in the the last 5 years in the UK. Most of them linger around the ocean for hours.

A huge storm came in from the ocean last week (Sunday 4th) and made it's way over the city. I dont think I have ever seen so much lightning. It was stunning.

There's some amazing pictures of the storm below (I hope the owners don't mind me using them - I took them from the gallery on the news story above). I took three videos; here, here and here. Bear with them as there is some cracking moments in amongst the darkness.





































































4 Comments:

  • At 15/3/07 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow what awesome lightning. Never seen anything like that before. Mike's Ma

     
  • At 16/3/07 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice. Lightning rules.

     
  • At 21/3/07 8:09 PM, Blogger CMP said…

    Fantastic pics Jonny

     
  • At 22/3/07 2:54 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    For sure Andy, lightning does rule. We had another nice storm the other night so I may post the pictures I took.

    And thanks Claython!

    Enjoy the States (again) with my Bro (again).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home