Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Friday, July 14, 2006

Mike's Here

And it's great.

Mikey arrived in Sydney on Tuesday evening and H and I were at the airport to welcome him here. It is, of course, amazing to see him.

I am still looking for work, albeit a little slowly, so I have had time on my side to show Mike a few of the sights. So far this has included Circular Quay, The Rocks, The Opera House and the Ticketek office, twice. Because he is recovering from knee surgery, which has been captured here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here, we haven't been able to do anything too active. On the first day Mike did ditch his crutch in favour of a rather fetching collapsable walking stick. He now looks older than he is.















We've bought tickets to go and see a Symphony at The Opera House and an AFL game at the SCG (we will make sure we go this time) and I think we may take in a whale-watching trip at some point. Mike and I have also thrown ourselves into the world of Pro Evo 5 when he assumes the position in 'World Cup Corner' to rest his knee.

Last night we were privileged to be shown Mike's documentary "Three Weeks In Bristol". It is a work of art. His Bristol fans will love it. It made me and H feel very, very homesick though. If you are one of the ones who will be shown it in a few weeks time when he comes to Bristol you will know why.

Anyway, here's some pictures I took recently. Mike will be able to tell the story of the last few days much better than I possibly could, so check his blog, he will write it soon (and I'm sorry about the over-indulgent pictures of The Opera House by the way - it's art you know!).





























Where's Mike?






























































































































































5 Comments:

  • At 14/7/06 11:17 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    I thought you didn't understand art, Jonny?

    By the way, in the "Where's Mike" photo...Is that him at the bottom of the stairs clinging onto the railing?

     
  • At 14/7/06 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Jonny for satisfying our curiosity about Mike - see it's winter there with him all in his woolies! Love Mike's Ma x

     
  • At 14/7/06 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    he's the one in the corner, waving his stick at some peskey kids....
    Glad to see you are well mikey, the stick does wonders for the 'grumpy old man image' you appear to be developing, he he.

    Thats not art jonny, thats just some 'snappy happy' bloke takin photos from a strange angle :)
    I like them thou :)

     
  • At 15/7/06 5:31 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Yes Andy, that's where Mike is. He hadn't fallen over, he was taking pictures of The Opera House steps. It wasn't a very good photo though was it Mike?

    Mike is moaning about the cold. It's not that cold here, but compared to Singapore, most places are cold.

    You'll be glad to hear that he is making great progress with his knee though.

    Thanks for posting Mike's Ma.

    And Em, I'm glad you like the pictures. I did think I had posted too many but Mike convinced me it was a good idea.

     
  • At 15/7/06 12:07 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Nice one Jonny. Thanks for posting so many comical pictures of me. It is very cold here. My advice is to come in the summer. I'm having a great time and it's superb to see H and J.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home