Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Sunday, July 09, 2006

3rd/4th Place Play-off: Germany 3 Portugal 1

Does anybody really care?

I watched the full replay of the game this afternoon in Bondi. H and I were at a party last night (Blog to follow) so missed the live show. To be honest I doubt I would've got up early to have watched it anyway. Bastian Schweinsteiger's goals were great though, and Klinsmann has got the Germans playing attractive football (it'll be interesting to see if he stays around to take Germany forward or he jumps ship and manages the yanks). It was just a shame though that Ronaldo continued to fall over at the faintest of touches, in the most dramatic of ways, instead of just playing good, honest football in a bid to prove his accusers wrong. What a prat.

2 Comments:

  • At 9/7/06 1:38 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Great game, I thought. I think Ronaldo's a bit unlucky to be getting all this stick from everyone because he's only doing what everyone else does - diving. I noticed that the director was showing super slo-mo replays of every one of Ronaldo's dives a number of times. No one else's dives were replayed at all. It's turned into a bit of a witch-hunt. Sure, he's a prat, but so is everyone else who does it. Totti, Owen, Ronaldinho, Klinsmann... etc etc.

    I was surprised to find myself thinking that Germany have played the most attacking, entertaining football in this tournament...

     
  • At 9/7/06 9:42 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Yeah, he is definitely a scape-goat but sod him, I couldn't care less.book

    Some of the dives were straight out of (Hope FC's) James Taylor's book of soccer skills.

    I agree that Germany probably played the most entertaining football, along with Argentina.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home