Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

SF1: Germany 0 Italy 2 (AET)

Well well well. And there I was looking forward to a penalty shoot-out (as a neutral of course). I'd love to have seen one of these teams go out on penalties so close to the Final. But I'll do with seeing the hosts go out in the last couple of minutes of extra-time. Afterall it's probably worse losing in the semi, and having to play in the most pointless game of the tournament, than in the Final.

Given the fact that England are out it would have been far too easy to sleep through this game and forget about the tournament but I got up nice and early to watch this one and was pleased to see Italy weren't happy to play for penalties from the start. In fact, they were very entertaining and I thought that they actually deserved to win this one. I also thought it was one of the better games of the tournament.

I have to say I am slightly concerned that they are in the Final though. If they play like they did today it should be a great game, but I'm just hoping they don't score early and go all negative and defensive.

2 Comments:

  • At 5/7/06 12:19 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Never let England going out ruin your enjoyment of the World Cup, mate. It's only every 4 years!

     
  • At 5/7/06 8:45 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    I know, that's why I forced myself up at 5am to watch it. Bu thanks for the tip ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home