Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Monday, October 15, 2007

The Festival of Me (Part 33)

I turned 33 last week.

I'd brought my birthday celebrations forward this year because Jenn and Mike arrived earlier in the week, and in the Sydney 2007 time honoured fashion, I decided to turn it into a bit of a festival. Big, big drinks on Friday night, beach, drinks, pizza, more drinks and a great game of rugby on Saturday (being a Pom in Oz is always interesting), and kayaking on the harbour on Sunday (watch the videos here, here and here).


On then on the 11th a few of us went for drinks after work (and I had had a great day at work) at the Opera Bar. H had been talking about a surprise special guest who may turn up, and he did. It was a guy called Rich who H and I met and travelled with more than 7 years ago and neither of us had seen him since then.

After the drinks H and I headed back to Manly to finish the birthday celebrations in style - with a meal at Ribs and Rumps with Jenn and Mike.

It was an excellent few days, and thanks to all those who made it so much fun.





































































































































































































3 Comments:

  • At 15/10/07 2:12 PM, Blogger MIKE AND LYN said…

    Blimey you have a big desk,you must be important.Rib and Rumps bring back great memories

     
  • At 22/10/07 11:22 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Nah, I'm not that important. The bigger my desk is, the more chaotic it looks!

    Great memories indeed! Ribs and Rumps is always so good. Everytime is a winner.

     
  • At 5/11/07 2:10 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Sorry it's so late... but very happy birthday to you... I haven't had the chance to catch up in a while...

    x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home