Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Saturday, July 01, 2006

QF1: Germany 1 Argentina 1 (4-2 on Penalties)

I wanted Argentina to win this game but it's always nice to see them lose on penalties (France 98 anyone?).

And is anyone else annoyed with seeing Klinsmann jumping up and down on the touchline? Bloody hell it annoys me. They never seem to show him after Germany have let a goal in, just when they score and he is being an arse. Maybe we'll see Sven doing that when we lift the Cup (and I know why he does it, and I would probably do the same if I managed a team in the World Cup - I do it on FIFA or Pro Evo).

I loved the fight at the end, especially the Argentinian sub who ran about 20 yards and through himself into the action. It looked like true South American punch-up. Brilliant.

5 Comments:

  • At 30/6/06 6:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    8 years to the day....haha!

    Fight at the end was the best bit. Can't see the Germans being the troubled in the semi's...odds on a Bosch v Blighty final?

     
  • At 30/6/06 6:59 PM, Blogger Me said…

    What was the fight about, does anyone know? Here they cut to adverts just as the sub was flying through the air.

    I was disappointed that both teams reverted to type rather than playing the attacking football they'd played all along. The Germans seemed intent on kicking the Argies as hard as possible for the first 20 minutes, and the Argies tried to waste every possible second once they'd scored.

    Game of the round? I hope not...

     
  • At 30/6/06 8:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well it's better then the lacklustre Ukranians (who i had an each way punt on at the start!)

    BBC showed the fight in full. No.17 for the Argies pollaxed a bosch with a karate kick and then the toys came out of the pram.

     
  • At 1/7/06 2:22 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    SBS showed the fight as it happened but after they cut back to the dreadful studio pundits after it had finished I don't think they even mentioned it again. I was hoping to see some of those excellent super slo-mo replays of it.

    I've added a link now to the BBC page which seems to sum up what happened, but I expect you would've seen it by now anyway.

    Number 17, Cufre (an unused substitute), got sent off for his part in the action apparently but I didn't see that happen.

    As for the game, I can't believe the coach (who has now quit) took Riquelme off and didn't even give Messi a run.

     
  • At 1/7/06 9:12 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Yeah, that's the danger when you shut up shop, isn't it? If the other team scores and you've used all your subs, you're stuffed.

    Let's hope Sven doesn't shut up shop when England are losing tonight, as he did by bringing Phil Neville on four years ago.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home