Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Special Banquet

On Sunday night something very special happened.

Me, Mike and H were invited to Will's birthday meal in Glebe.

We went for a curry.

H hates curries. I have to admit to finding this annoying. Although I could always get a take-away back home, I often found myself eating greasy Chinese take-aways instead. I did enjoy those curry nights with Andy and Chewie. There's something rather nice about going out for a curry. I have never done this with H (well actually, she did come to Andy's birthday curry once but I'll let Andy and H both comment on that). I can't help but feeling I've missed out on something.

Since I've been in Australia I'd set H a challenge to come out for a curry and taste a selection of dishes to see if there is anything she likes. We'd made progress before with a mass produced Rogan Josh at the Manly Food and Wine Festival so I was optimistic Will's birthday meal would open up a whole new dining experience for us. However, my optimism wavered a little as soon as we entered the restaurant and she put her nose up to the smell.
H seemed to enjoy looking through the menu and pointing out all the ingredients she disliked. Surely there must be something on there she liked? I was impressed when she ordered 'The Special Banquet' with Mike though. This was a number of different Indian dishes so at least she was giving it a go.















Needless to say I left the restaurant disappointed. The night itself was great and it was nice that Mike could get to meet some of our new friends. But H came to the decision that I already knew.

She doesn't like curries.

Gutted!

4 Comments:

  • At 18/7/06 11:57 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    Well, that's a relief. At least we haven't eaten Chinese for years in vain.

    I think i might have mentioned that birthday curry incident before somewhere, but anyway that was the year that I insisted going for a curry on my birthday, and H was refusing to come until the actual night of my birthday when she realised I wasn't going to buckle. She wouldn't eat anything though, not even an omelette, for fear of it tasting like curry.

     
  • At 19/7/06 12:21 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    I think that sums it up Andy, thanks.

    Rich, a very fair point I think. I think H is the only girl I have ever met who doesn't like curry. Sometimes you just have to make the sacrifice though.

     
  • At 10/8/06 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
    »

     
  • At 16/8/06 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home