Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Hard-Fi

H and I went with Will to see Hard-Fi last night at the Enmore Theatre in Newtown, a part of Sydney that reminded me of Camden in London.

I'll keep it short and sweet.

They were bloody fantastic.

I'd listened to their album, Stars of CCTV, a number of times over the last few weeks and was really looking forward to the gig. The place went absolutely mental when they played Hard To Beat and Living For The Weekend, and we were at the front!

Rumours are that they are pretty huge back in the UK and we were lucky to be seeing them in such a small venue. Maybe the muso's out there can confirm?

5 Comments:

  • At 30/9/06 10:07 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    Never heard of them. More of that guitar based nonsense isn't it? I think I recognise that "hard to beat" song from hearing either you or Mike singing it before you went away, in a very annoying voice. Oh wait, yes that "living for the weekend" tune is definitely big - I think it gets used in adverts quite a lot.

    I went to see your favourite band, Sparklehorse, on Wednesday at the Fleece. They were amazing!

     
  • At 1/10/06 7:13 PM, Blogger swisslet said…

    yeah, they're pretty big. I'd say they'd be playing venues of 5,000 plus here and packing out festival crowds.

    Good work.

    ST

     
  • At 3/10/06 10:22 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    What's all this about me liking Sparklehorse? I don't think I have ever seen them before. You must have me confused with Sam.

    But I do remember singing "Hard To Beat" in my own very unique styleee, quite annoyingly I'm sure, in your house.

    Was a cracking gig though. Their album is definitely worth a listen.

    And thanks for the insight ST.

     
  • At 4/10/06 3:25 PM, Blogger Andy said…

    Never mind Jonny, obviously my sarcasm wasn't picked up on. I seem to remember you hating them, you see. Evidently you thought so little of them, in fact, that you don't even remember them!

    And yes, it was you that used to shout "hard to beat-aaah" in a very annoying voice. (Mike's was "I predict a riot-aaah")

     
  • At 9/11/06 10:13 AM, Blogger Me said…

    I can (and do) sing "Hard to Beat" annoyingly too, incidentally.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home