Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Monday, October 16, 2006

The World Is Full Of Injustices.....

.....and the fact that this guy has just been voted out of Australian Idol is another.

Those of you that know me will know how much I love TV shows like this. It's no-brainer Sunday night TV where you can laugh at others (You Tube is full of too many funnies to stick here), hurl abuse from the comfort of your own sofa and watch dreams get shattered. And occasionally you see moments of genius. I love it, and I've managed to convert a few others along the way. Bobby Flynn has been a big talking point over the last few weeks and the mobile was red hot with collective "Noooooooooooooo's" and "Gutted" when his name was read out from the envelope.

And before you all lay into me, I'm sure most of you will remember how you felt when this happened.

5 Comments:

  • At 16/10/06 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahh Jonny, you never change....
    due to the immense amount of work I've got to do and my skilled avoidance tactics, I've suddenly found myself forced to watch rubbish TV like X Factor, I often think of you when I see the dreams shattered....:)

     
  • At 17/10/06 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jonny

    Im absolutely gutted mate ... As you know i was a big Bobby Flynn fan - he brought a unique bit of credibility to that show. I'll miss the giant haired freakboy on Sunday nights :(

     
  • At 17/10/06 7:23 AM, Blogger RJL said…

    Personally, I love the X Factor as well...you just can't beat that moment when they build up the sob story abot how hard someone's life has been and how supportive their parents have been all the way and how "this really is my last chance" only for Cowell to say something like "rubbish, get out".

    I blame the parents though for giving their kids false hopes..some of them are such awful singers yet their mum and dad has spent a life telling them they sound like an angel!

     
  • At 17/10/06 4:50 PM, Blogger Andy said…

    Oh dear. Is there really nothing better to do in Sydney than watch this rubbish?

    And yes, I do remember how I felt when that happened - ashamed. Ashamed that I was mates with someone who shouted "YES!" at the top of his voice and jumped up and down as if he'd won the lottery. Mind you, I'll admit that it was great to see stutter-boy's dream shattered.

     
  • At 18/10/06 9:39 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Thanks for all the support, I thought I was gonna get slated all the way there.

    Andy, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who jumped up and down, was I? If I remember rightly you were there doing the very same thing. What a great moment that was though.

    As for there being nothing better to do, do you really want me to answer that? TV here is kack though and Idol is the one of the best things on by far.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home