Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!

I am 32 today. Happy Birthday to me (and the great Bobby Charlton).

It's also my first birthday in Australia. To celebrate I got up at 5.30am and went for a surf before work. It was a birthday first and great way to start the day. The finals of the richest ASP Women's World Tour surfing event also took place in Manly today. The event has been running all week just across the road from our flat but work commitments meant that I missed it all.

I've just got back from watching the Socceroos beat Bahrain 2-0 in the Asian Cup qualifier with H, Will and Satyan at Aussie Stadium, the home of Sydney FC. Tomorrow I am going out for a few beers in Manly and on Friday 20 of us are heading north on a boating holiday.















Two years ago I celebrated my 30th in Prague with H, Andy and Sam. Andy and Sam started a bar brawl in "the biggest music club in middle Europe". We drank Absinthe. We drank lots of beer. We saw lots of nice sights and we ate lots of dumplings. It was great.






























































Sam and H helped me celebrate the big 3 0 by having one of their legendary (play) fights.





























Last year I went out for a Mexican, and then to Revolution Vodka Bar (the scene of our Leaving Party), in Bristol.




















Yes, that's me with the GB Triathlete.















See what I mean about Sam and H?

























































And there's a good chance Sam will be out here for my 33rd.....

11 Comments:

  • At 11/10/06 4:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Happy B`Day bro! Sorry about the lack of card..i`ll get you one in 8 years time...now thats not far off!

     
  • At 11/10/06 8:27 PM, Blogger RJL said…

    Happy B'Day Mr Jonny!!

    Nice to see the ol chest wig make a reappearence as well!

     
  • At 12/10/06 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birfday Jonnyboy! (for yesterday...soz)

    Some cracking photos there, that prague trip was a wicked laugh. I should point out that the bar room brawl incident was a complete accident...and also H is the one that always picks on me. I'm a pacifist.

     
  • At 13/10/06 11:55 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    A belated happy birthday to you!

    Some cracking Prague shots there mate. And yes, Sam's right, the brawl that we started was a total accident (and thankfully the big guy that we soaked with a pint from the balcony also accidentally started on the guy that was standing next to us - phew!)

    I am slightly concerened as to what Sam is up to behind that cow though..

     
  • At 15/10/06 9:26 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Thanks for the b'day wishes everyone. Nice video Damo, thanks! I'm glad you like the pictures as well, and it was great looking back on them. I've got some excellent videos on the PC as well. One of my favorites is when H hits Sam with a Badminton racquet and you can hear the noise as it cracks him on the head. Maybe I'll You Tube that one.....

    H and I have just got back from a weekend boating on the Hawkesbury River with 16 others. Blog to follow sometime soon.

     
  • At 15/10/06 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Belated Birthday Jonny! will make sure we get you an 'ozy style' bleached blonde cheast wig for xmas! hope the weekend was good look forwardc to the blog! kim xxxxx

     
  • At 15/10/06 8:18 PM, Blogger Jonathan and Lauren Bonnett said…

    Happy Birthday Brother Jon.....have missed your last 11 Birthdays I think so you don't expect any more from me....hope you had a good day. All the Best Jonny B

     
  • At 16/10/06 9:59 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Jonny B......bloody good to hear from you mate, and I see you have updated your blog.

    Don't worry mate, I've forgotten just as many of yours!

    And thanks Kim! That's a cracking idea. But I'd rather have some cider (hint, hint).....

     
  • At 16/10/06 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Belated Birthday!
    Have I won the 'slackest friend' competion by being the last to wish you happy birthday?

     
  • At 23/10/06 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nope I won, Happy Birthday shaggy, 32, really?.

     
  • At 9/11/06 10:25 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Actually, I think I can declare myself the winner. Many happy returns, old boy. You share a birthday with fellow combover champion Bobby Charlton, eh?

    Sorry I missed it nearer the time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home