Travelling in a fried-out combie

So what really happens when you get Permanent Residency status for Australia? H and I are about to find out.....

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

More Tickets.....

I managed to get tickets to two more gigs today and I'm pretty chuffed about it too.

First up, we have Noel and Gem from Oasis doing an acoustic gig in December.

And then in January we are going to see Kasabian. Unfortunately this gig clashes with The Killers but H and I are going to go and see Kasabian. They are the one band I have wanted to see for ages. What would you do?

Also, the big news this week is that the V-Festival is coming to Australia in March. Headline acts include the Pixies, Groove Armada and, erm, The Pet Shop Boys. The Chili Peppers are also rumoured to be putting in an appearance but it's early days so far as the line-up is concerned. The festival hasn't even got it's own Australian website yet.

I do seem to be spending a small fortune on gig tickets at the moment but they are all too good to miss. Living in a city like Sydney means we have more opportunities to see the touring bands (almost all of whom appear to be avoiding the English winter in favour of a hot summer Down Under) although you do still have to be quick off the mark when the tickets go on sale.

6 Comments:

  • At 30/11/06 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you just spend your spare time trawling gig ticket websites nowadays? Gigs will soon be outnumbering the book count at this rate.

    The Killers would get my vote over Kasabian, but like many of the gigs you're going to I haven't heard any of their recent stuff (ie., last five years). Having said that, unlike many of the others I wasn't really a fan of their early stuff anyway.

    The Pixies and Groove Armada at the V will be great. Both superb live.

     
  • At 1/12/06 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am the founder of MelodyTrip, www.melodytrip.com , a website that is focused on music festivals and fans who are passionate about music. I came across your blog and found it to be very entertaining and well-written and thought you would be interested in becoming a MelodyTrip community member.

    MelodyTrip has all the latest news on festival, lineups, bands etc, but there are some specific reasons why you, as a blogger interested in music could benefit from joining MelodyTrip.

    1) You can post cross-post your blogs to MelodyTrip to generate awareness, exposure, feedback and links to your blog, even if is not always music related.
    2) If you are interested in attending music festivals and blogging about them, MelodyTrip can get you press passes or free tickets to virtually any festival if you agree to preview and review the festival on MelodyTrip.

    If this sounds good, sign up as a member and shoot me an email letting me know you did, and if there are any particular events you would like to cover in 2007 or ways MelodyTrip can help you out. Now is a great time to contact me since it is the down season, there is a lull in the action, but we would love to have you as part of MelodyTrip when things heat up and traffic explodes in March.

    Matt Casey

     
  • At 2/12/06 6:28 AM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Thanks Andy - it's a shame The Killers are playing the same night as Kasabian but I've been banging on about Kasabian for a while now and I really want to see them.

    And yeah, I do seem to be spending a massive amount of time letting everyone know about the gigs that are coming up, and sorting tickets for them. It's all worth it though.

    Matt - Thanks for posting and the "very entertaining" and "well-written" comment. Maybe you should check out my mate Andy's blog(www.abedminsterperspective.blogspot.com/) as well. He promotes, and DJs at, his own nights in the UK. Oh, and I'll have a think about your proposal.

     
  • At 3/12/06 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never been able to understand the attraction of Kasabian. Even though the guy from the Killers can't sing very well live, I'd still go to see them. They've got the tunes!

     
  • At 3/12/06 9:37 PM, Blogger swisslet said…

    the pet shop boys are brilliant live. I know they're not exactly rock and roll, but don't you go knocking one of the most inventive and literate bands we've got.

    ST

     
  • At 4/12/06 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tix for the V Festival went on 'general public' sale this morning. I snapped up a couple! (@ $125 ea mind you)

    ~Simo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home